COBRA term

I live in a small town where I simply cannot disclose my HIV+ status to others. As a self-employed individual, we have a high deductible health insurance with no Rx coverage (even offered), which I cannot use, knowing my information would leak out of the doctors and insurors offices. My wife may take a temporary position that offers good benefits, but after the end of the term (90 days or so) we would have to go to COBRA, which is only good for 18 months, if I recall. If we went with the new coverage, I'd then be back to "pre-existing conditions" problems coming back to even my current coverage after 18 months and everything would be "out of the bag." Any advice?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you went on your wife's policy and then at the end of her coverage, you elected COBRA, once the COBRA ran out (18 months, unless you are determined to be totally disabled), you could get a HIPAA policy and no pre-existing condtion would apply as long as you had not had a break in coverage of 63 days or more.

Mortgage Disability Insurance
need insurance policy