Life insurance with AIDS

I recently found out my 54 year old mom has AIDS. She does not have any life insurance. Most of her employment history was in the domestic field with no insurance or benefits. In the event of her death, my family does not have the financial means to cover her burial. She has also suffered a stroke recently. Her diagnosis is very grim at this time as her t cell count is close to none. I have heard of burial insurance that basically just covers the cost of burial. I am pretty sure that life insurance at this point is not an option. Do you know of any companies that supply such burial insurance. Im guessing the estimate for such cost is roughly around $10,000.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Check with AARP (NY Life policy), Gerber Life, Mutual of Omaha and Physician's Life.

life insurance providers
HIPAA protection for spouse?