Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thinking it's time to go on disability
Jul 31, 2008

I am thinking it's time to go on long term disability for my HIV. I don't think I am full blown AIDS, although I did have buffalo hump surgery and still have huge fat deposits in my stomach, male breasts, and underarms. I am so tired and my job is suffering so much I am close to being fired. I just am exhausted, I cannot think straight, I am starting to get depressed (and I can only get 2 years LTD if I am depreessed) and I am just simply exhausted and my mind seems to be going. I am 40, I have known of HIV infection for 16 years, I have been off meds for 2 years because I almost lost my job due to diarrhea constantly and also my buffalo hump which caused me not to sleep (a C{PAP and surgery helps). I dread going back on the meds because I almost lost my job previously, as the meds made me even more tired and had such horrible side effects. I just want to die in peace and I am terrified reading this forum and all over about how crooked the long term disability companies are. It is as if I must already be dead in order to be disabled. I wish Icould work but I am close to being fired. I am going to be out of work soon, I cannot keep this up. Just exhausted constantly, and my legs and arms got skinny, I have no butt anymore but the rest of me especially upper body and neck and belly are HUGE. I hurt constantly, and I am so fatigued constantly. So tired I can't even sleep sometimes.

Once again, I am terrified I will be on the street soon, either with or without disability since I read the disability companies basically deny or stop paying 100% of claims at some point regardless of health condition.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should discuss this with your doctor.

Previous
COBRA Coverage Question
Next
New Job Insurance Questions

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.