Can I work in the hosp. if i'm positive?
Jun 8, 2008
Just passed Nclex-RN and has been offered a job in PCU at a local hosp. Will they still hire me after the test comes back positive?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Hospitals all set their own rules on potential exposure to HIV in the workplace. Usually they do not restrict the activities of someone who's not doing invasive procedures. Ask for a copy of your hospital's own rules and restrictions regarding bloodborne pathogens.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Pain In Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Psoriasis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.