|Can I work in the hosp. if i'm positive?
Jun 8, 2008
Just passed Nclex-RN and has been offered a job in PCU at a local hosp. Will they still hire me after the test comes back positive?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Hospitals all set their own rules on potential exposure to HIV in the workplace. Usually they do not restrict the activities of someone who's not doing invasive procedures. Ask for a copy of your hospital's own rules and restrictions regarding bloodborne pathogens.
Health Insurance - relocating to Illinois
- How Often Should I Get A Hep A Shot?
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
- Do Hiv Symptoms Include Lymph Nodes Headache Stiff Neck?
- Bitter Melon As Hiv Therapy
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Nail Clippers?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.