HIV+ and small company

I am working for a small company In the last month I had to see the doctor 2 next appt is next week. If I have to start meds what do I tell them if I have to miss work. I am the only admin for the whole company I don't get sick leave for another 3 weeks. Can they fire me if they do find out I am HIV poz.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Do not tell them your diagnosis.

Do not tell them your diagnosis.

Do not tell them your diagnosis.

That's my bias. Can you tell? Unless they're docs, there's nothing they can do about your diagnosis. They need to know about your performance, which is the only thing they should be managing.

Make a plan with your health care provider. Ask what side effects are likely and how to handle them. Some people don't have side effects, or have very manageable ones. If you do find yourself having to miss time at work, ask how (not if) you can make up that time. Be proactive. Let them know you like this job and want to keep it: don't wait for them to tell you that there's a problem.

Fear my job is in jeopardy / SHOULD i disclose?
ARC?