|Life & Health Insurance
May 22, 2008
Are their any insurance companies who offer coverage for both life & health for HIV individuals? Is there anyone with the Body organization who is doing the research?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Some insurance companies offer individual life insurance policies with limits to HIV+ individuals - Mutual of Omaha, Physician's Life, Gerber Life. With respect to medical, if an HIV+ individual has lost group coverage, including COBRA, and doesn't have a break in coverage of 63 days or more, he can obtain a HIPAA policy from any insurance company that offers individual policies.
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- Has Anyone Ever Gotten Hiv From A Massage
- Does Acute Hiv Infection Cause Joint Pain?
- If A Man Swallowed His Own Sperm Could He Get Hiv Or Aids?
- How Many Times Should You Get A Hepatitis B Vaccine?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.