May 2, 2008
recently my employer switch insurance carriers: the new insurance carrier stated that we can elect life insurance at this one time offer with no questions ask...I was hesitate to elect but I did chose the life insurance policy.. Question is can the insurance company denied me coverage once the underwrite begins.. knowing that I am hiv+ if so...would they disclose to my employer the reason for rejection.
Response from Ms. Franzoi
If no questions were asked, there would be no underwriting. It sounds like your employer changed insurance companies and the new company agrred to extend the same coverage to employees regardless of their medical status. I see no way that they would know your status so there would be no way to disclose it.
Insurance Company and Disclosure
HIPAA Costs and Details
- Sore Testicles Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.