Reasonable Accomodation

I have been Employed as a Psych Nurse in a state mental hospital for 17 years.I was Adminidtrativly transfered by the previous Administration due to the High stress level in the piosition that i held and the effects it was having on me. The New Administration sent me a letter moving me to a not only stressful , but physically violent position . I sent letters to the Admin explaining the situation,reason I was moved and formally disclosed my diagnosis . Though it was already known throughout the Hospital due to a Co Worker that harrassed and discriminated against me. I went out on a medical leave prior to the date I was to report to the new assignment . I have recently returned to work with a note for a limited duty assignment from my nerologist, but this can only last for 45 days before I must request a reasonable accomodation. I am looking for resources to help me understand the process,and make sure that my rights are not violated . I am not able to get involved In physical Containments of patients. Any advise or referals you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I work in the Los Angeles area. Thank you

Response from Ms. Breuer

The best source I know for samples and forms that help you with reasonable accommodation is the Website maintained by Betty Kohlenberg, a social worker who specializes in HIV. I don't have the URL at my fingertips, but try either bettykohlenberg.com or bkohlenberg.com. If neither of those works, Google "Betty Kohlenberg" and you should go right to her amazing resources. You can also get help at the Website of the Job Accommodation Network.

long period of unemployment
Starting New Job: Worried About Insurance