Life Incurance

I live in NJ, and I am HIV+. I have life insurance through my job, and certain people in the HR department are aware of my status. I am looking to apply for additional insurance outside of my job. I have been turned down by one carrier. Is it legal for the carrier to deny me coverage? My T-cells are over 1500 and the viral load is low, if not undetectable. I know the meds will appear in a blood test. I am feeling dicriminated against due to my status.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes, it is legal for an insurance company to turn you down. Seek out a life insurance company that accepts new policyholders with HIV. Try Metropolitan Life, for one.

Occupational tech
travel to South Korea on Business