Disclosed my status

I was dating a man who worked for the same company as me. (I will never do that again. It was a big mistake) We are both HIV positive. The relationship ended and my exboyfriend started dating another man within the same company. He told this new boyfriend about my HIV Status. I know this for sure because he told me. Is that a violation of HIPAA and or unethical? My company is very strict about releasing confidential information and this is causing me some undo stress. Thank you.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Is anyone in this picture a supervisor? When co-workers gossip, you don't have much recourse. If the blabber is anyone's supervisor, you have a legitimate complaint against him for violating your privacy. Your resource for this is the HR director.

Sorry you had to learn something so important the painful way. It's so risky to give any co-worker personal information that could be used against you. And you have no court of appeal unless a supervisor (anyone's, not just yours) does it.

Starting Treatment - How to handle working ?
Help!!!!!