Why the harrassment?

I am a 42 yr old male and I am HIV positive. I work in a school and had a drinking problem but that is now resolved and have been clean for 50 days. They had found out that I was HIV poz (the school) and I am being told that I am being monitored closely and that I am walking a thin line. That sounds like discrimination to me. My counselor told me that the school psychologist wants to have a 3 way phone conversation with my counselor , me and the psychologist. I feel I should hire a lawyer since the school is finding one excuse after another to harrasss me! Would appreciate reply Thanks! LJS

Response from Ms. Breuer

Sometimes ignorance looks a lot like discrimination. I recommend that you function as their HIV educator. The clearer it is that you know about HIV and how it is/is not transmitted, and the more you ask questions that will reveal their own information and shaky ground. Sample questions are "Is that legal?" or "Would this be necessary for someone with diabetes?" or "Can you tell me about another situation when this approach was used? How did it turn out?" or "Is there precedent for this approach at this school?" It's fine to answer a yes/no question with more questions. If they do insist on proceeding, then by all means insist on a fourth: a legal representative.

about diclosure
PLase Help NYPD medical