Qualifying for Disability

Hello - I am in the process of applying for SSDI. I have been able to work while HIV/AIDS+ since being dx in 1987 (contacted in 1984). However, I was downsized in September this year, and I think they created a reason because of my declining ability to perform. I have sever e neuropathy, major fatique, and many other symptoms related to this disease. I would like to be pro-active when filing for SSDI. Can you pls provide some guidelines or point me in the right direction to have my claim approved the first time. I sincerely appreciate your help!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The best approach you can take is to have you doctors provide the SSA with detailed medical reports explaining why you are unable to work.

Do Insurance Companies perform HIV tests for individual policies?
Health Insurance Age Discrimination