staying on ssdi

Hi, My VL is undetectable and my CD4 is 161. I've been receiving SSDI for three years and medicare for one. Family members and others tell me that I appear healthy and that I should get a job and stop living off the Government. I live in a small town in the mid-west and those who "know" about my infection arent very nice to me. I recently got a part-time job so that I wont appear to be such a loser. I feel like I live in hell, maybe I'm being punished. Medicare is working great for me and knowing I can count on a check each month is a real bright spot in my "life". Is it OK for me to continue getting SSDI if I appear to be healthy? sincerly, wishing I was in L.A.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

A person who is receiving SSDI is encouraged to get back to work if able. If someone on SSDI returns to work, SSDI benefits can continue thoughout a nine-month trial work period plus an additional three-month grace period. After the three-month grace period, SSDI benefits are suspended if earnings are considered to be substantial gainful activity (SGA). For 2007, the SGA level is $900/month.

preexisting condition
Pre-Existing for Health Insurance?