Continuation of Health Care when moving out of state

My partner and I are planning on moving from New Jersey to California in the near future. We are both currently employed and have separate health coverage. My coverage is from Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey and his coverage is from a private provider under the name of Loomis. What is the law regarding COBRA as it applies to pre-existing conditions as we are both HIV + ?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

COBRA coverage is a continuation of the current plan so there would be no pre-existing limitastion other than any that currently applies. However, if you move out of state, you should confirm with your employer that the COBRA coverage you have in NJ will be available in CA. If your employer's policy is limited to NJ, there might not be COBRA coverage available in CA.

The best government insurance carriers
No Medical Insurance