Pre-existing condition for HIV/AIDS

I am a 44 year old male with HIV/AIDS living in Muncie Indiana, currently my health plan provided through my employer will be changing from an HMO to PPO. Will I be forced to wait any length of time for the new insurance carrier to give me health insurance coverage, since I am still employed at the same facility and the HMO is no longer going to be a provider to this facility? Also, I have had continuous health insurance for a period of at least 12 months, what if I change jobs. Will I have to wait a period for my new company to provide health insurance to me?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

A change in insurance plans while working for the same employer should have no impact on you except for possible changes in deductibles, co-pays, network providers, etc. If you were to change jobs and acquire new coverage, as long as you don't have a break in coverage of 63 days or more, the new plan, even if it has a pre-existing exclusion clausse in it, would have to recognize your prior coverage towards that exclusion period which cannot be greater than 12 months. So you would be covered.

Cobra expiration and new job
LTC Insurance