Company Switching Insurane

The law firm I work for is switching from Oxford (which I had when I was disgnosed and for the 2 years since) to CIGNA. I assume there will be no issue when I start using CIGNA after 1/1/08? Please let me know if there is anything I should be aware of going from one company to another because of the decision of my employer. Many thanks for all the work you do here!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You are right. There should be no issue. It is just a change in insurers. Your coverage would continue pursuant to the terms of the new plan, i.e., there could be different deductibles, co-pays, etc. However, you would not have to worry about any pre-existing condtion clause.

New LTD application: HIV+ and healthy
Cobra expiration and new job