The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How do I get insurance when I move home?
Oct 31, 2007

I am a 43 years old US citizen, have been living with HIV for 10 years, and have been on treatment for 9. I have been living in Europe and my medication has been covered by a national health program. I am considering moving back to the States. What are my options for health insurance and getting my HIV/AIDS medication if I move back without employment? Thanks you!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Your best option would be to obtain employment with a company that offers a group health plan and obtain coverage through that employer. It could be difficult to obtain an individual health policy. Depending on the state you end up residing in, there might be a major risk plan available. You can also check out state and federal programs such as Medicaid, ADAP, etc.

LTD settlement?
moving and no health insurance

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint