LTD settlement?

I have a question. I've been on LTD for a little over a year. I think I might be interested in a settlement with the LTD, as otherwise I will have to deal with them for years and years. Is it possible to ask for a settlement? Do I need an LTD lawyer? Also, I was denied SS and have a lawyer working on my appeal. If I'm going to ask about settling, is it better to wait til the SS hearing? Thank you for your response.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Many insurance companies will offer a lump ssum settlement. Typically, the insurance company approaches the individual not vice versa. Since you have an attorney working on your appeal for Social Security disability benefits, you should discuss with him the best way to approach this.

Should I take Medicare?
How do I get insurance when I move home?