Marrying boyfriend to add to insurance

My boyfriend is HIV+ and has HepC and alot of serious health issues connected to both. He stopped working 1 year ago has had no medical insurance other than very limited medical care through a hospital district. He gets his HIV meds through ADAP and Ryan White. If I marry him and add him to my health insurance will he be covered for these pre-existing conditions? If he has to wait for the 1 year exemption from being covered for pre-exisiting conditions will he then be covered by my insurance? Will ADAP/Ryan White continue to cover the meds even with my income and insurance? We are getting desperate because he cannot get help here in FL and is getting sicker and sicker. He has applied for MEdicaid but they are giving him a hard time and he has applied for SSDI but you know how long that can take. Please help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you marry him and add him to your health plan, he would have coverage. With respect to any pre-existing limitation period in your plan, it cannot exceed 12 months. If the limited coverage he has "through a medical district" is from a group health plan, an HMO, an insurer, a hospital or medical service policy, Medicare, Medicaid, a public health plan, etc., i.e., a plan that qualifies as Creditable Coverage, any pre-existing exclusion period under your health plan would have to be offset by his period of coverage under that plan. However, based on the information provided, it is not clear to me what that coverage is.

HIPPA and Information about HIV
insurance