|HIPPA and Information about HIV
Oct 31, 2007
As a provider of case management service for people living with HIV, how much information can I share with other parties who have a signed consent from the client to release information? Do I share all the particulars including progress notes, etc.
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
You can only disclose what an individual authorizes you to disclose. The authorizatin form should make it clear who you can share information with and what information can be shared.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
- What Are The Most Common Ways To Get Genital Herpes?
- Topical Creams For Relief For Genital Herpes
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
- Syphilis And White Blood Cell Count
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.