COBRA and Kaiser Permanente

Hello. I am currently living in California and am insured through a group plan and use Kaiser. I like Kaiser but I would like to move back home to Seattle, WA where Kaiser doesn't exist. How would COBRA work in a situation like this? Would it insure me under an equivalent provider or would I need to stick with Kaiser in order to benefit from COBRA?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I am assuming that you are considering quitting your job, electing COBRA coverage and then moving from California to Seattle. If this is the case, once you move out of California (area under which the Kaiser contract is), you would lose your coverage unless your employer has employees in the Seattle area who are covered under an employer-sponsored health plan. If this is the case, you would be eligible to continue your COBRA under that plan.

Disability benifit from my workplace
employee medical privacy