|Will my HIPAA coverage end?
Apr 30, 2007
My Blue Shield Cal Cobra HMO coverage ended about 3 months ago and I continued the same coverage through HIPAA. Is there a limit to how long I can continue this? I am healthy and HIV+ but I work from home as an independent consultant and would like to continue.
Response from Ms. Franzoi
As long as you continue to pay your premium, there would not be a limit on the period of time you can carry a HIPAA policy. There is a time limit with COBRA but not with HIPAA.
international life insurance
Insurance in Florida
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Can Sucking Breast Cause Hiv?
- Can A Standard Blood Test Detect Hiv?
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
- How Long Until You Feel The First Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Genital Contact?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.