Private Health Ins. for HIV+

I have an opportunity to leave my current employment, good benefits & retirement, to eventually work and be responsible for 2 family owned small businesses with good income potential. For my mental and physical well being I would prefer to continue the family operations but do not know what options I have as an HIV + person. Neither business is large enough to offer group health insurance. Advise appreciated.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You could take COBRA coverage from your current employer for 18 months and at the end of the 18 months buy a HIPAA policy. You should check with your Benefits Department to determine the cost of COBRA and with a local broker to determine what HIPAA policies are available and the associated cost. A HIPAA policy will only be available to you if you have COBRA for the full 18 months and do not have a break in coverage of more than 63 days after COBRA ends.

Health thru Domestic partner
ashasfh