Health Insurance Coverage

I was diagnosed with HIV one year ago. At the time I was on a Cobra plan from a previous employer. That Cobra plan has run it's course. At present I have no health coverage and unable to pay for the costs of treatment and medications. Am I considered "uninsureable" by the Insurance Industry? Are there companies willing to cover individuals in my situation?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you haven't had a lapse in coverage of 63 days, you would be eligible to purchase a HIPAA policy from any insurance company in your area that sells individual health policies. If you have had a break in coverage of 63 days or more, most companies would not be willing to issue you a policy. Some states, like California, offer a policy for a limited period of time through a risk pool. If you are in California, check the California Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP) at 1-800-289-6574.

Life Insurance options for healthy HIV positive and no AIDS diagnosis?
Clarification of Insurance Coverage