Meds or Hiv Kill ?

Seems like the info now says not ten years extended lifespan but more like twenty. Are the medications actually responsible for more deaths than opportunistic infections? Seems that if you are on heavy medication ($) you may live a longer lousy life , but the side effects will get you as opposed to Opportunistic infections , which could actually get many indviduals who do not have the :infection: just wondering of those who are diagnosed with HIV and never take nedications,are they in a higher percentage of the population that die sooner than those who tahk medication ($) Do the meds cause an equal percentage of people to get ill as just normal selection would ??

What bizarre questions!

You claim that "info" now says the HIV lifespan has been extended from ten to twenty years and then ask if "the medications are actually responsible for more deaths than opportunistic infections????" WHAT?????? You go on to say it "seems" that on HIV medications, you may live a longer lousy life!?!?! And even more bizarre, you state "side effects will get you as opposed to opportunistic infections, which could actually get many individuals who do not have the infections." WHAT????? You are really a "glass is half empty" (rather than glass is half full) kind of guy, aren't you?

Dude, your statistics, assumptions and "seems-likes" are all quite wrong and unjustifiably pessimistic! In a nutshell, the newer, more potent HIV drugs came into wide use in mid-1996. Since then, there has been a dramatic, one might say even miraculous, decline in HIV/AIDS-associated morbidity (illness) and mortality (death). We can't make predictions on lifespan, as these new drugs have only been around for 10 years so far. (As a pozitoid friend of mine recently said, "I'm plan on living forever. So far, so good.") Also, new, more potent and less toxic HIV therapies have continued to be developed and approved for use on an ongoing basis.

Do HIV drugs have side effects? Well, as Marge Gunderson of "Fargo" fame would say, "Yah sure, ya betcha!" However, to insinuate these side effects are somehow not worth the risk or make being "virally enhanced" some sort of dreadful existence is pure nonsense. I've been HIV infected since January 1991 and I've been taking HAART (highly active antiretroviral therapy) since July 1996. I can assure you my life is anything but "lousy." In fact, I'm presently in Paris and spent the afternoon with my partner and love of my life Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) surrounded by Monet's Water Lilies at the recently renovated and reopened "L'Orangerie." Does life get any better than this????

I would wish you a Happy New Year, but I'm sure you are fully anticipating 2007 is going to be anything but "happy." There's always a worry about begin struck by an errant lightening bolt and the ever present worry of being run over by a bus. Is that a poisonous black widow spider I see crawling up your pant leg?

2nd attempt at post....please help
no insurance