Company changing group insurance

I have been with my employer for almost three years. I was diagnosed probably 5 or 6 months into my employment. It is a small company and they have changed insurance companies each year. Up until now our insurance broker always advised that we did not have to answer the health question on the application form during open enrollment. However now we are switching to a new company and this time our broker says that we have to answer the yes or no question about pre-existing conditions. Even further we have to explain in detail those conditions. I have a couple of issues with this. Number one is that I don't want our HR department looking at the form to see that I've checked pre-existing condition and definitely don't want them to see the details. I am tempted to answer "yes" and leave the details blank. I am tempted to say "no" and let the chips fall. I am tempted to answer "yes" and possibly but the details and send the form directly to our brokers office. I have no idea what to do. Any advice?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I suggest answering the questions honestly but returning the questionnaire directly to the inusrer or broker.

HIV - FSA Eligible Expenses
New insurance and pre-existing conditions