|Can I apply??
Dec 18, 2006
I am newly diagnosed. It is open enrollment time at my job. I already have a HMO, however, I wanted to get disability insureance. We have represenatives that come to my place of work all the time. Can I apply? Will they know my status?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Usually, the annual open enrollment at companies is only for health coverage, i.e., choice of health plans. You can apply for disability coverage. However, unless it is an open enrollment on the disability plan, you would have to provide evidence of insurability and the insurer could deny you based on your HIV status.
my health insurance was denied
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- CAN ARS START AT 11 WEEKS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.