|Can I apply??
Dec 18, 2006
I am newly diagnosed. It is open enrollment time at my job. I already have a HMO, however, I wanted to get disability insureance. We have represenatives that come to my place of work all the time. Can I apply? Will they know my status?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Usually, the annual open enrollment at companies is only for health coverage, i.e., choice of health plans. You can apply for disability coverage. However, unless it is an open enrollment on the disability plan, you would have to provide evidence of insurability and the insurer could deny you based on your HIV status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do The Bodies Of Men With Hypogonadism Look Like?
- Hiv And Aids Information More Sensitive Than Other Health Conditions
- Would Herpes Show On A Pap Smear If You Are Not Having A Breakout
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What To Use For Shingles On Neck?
- What To Put On Herpes Sores To Heal Faster?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.