my health insurance was denied

hi, i am 23 years old and was under my parents health insurance until recently, the company contacted me and told me that i was no longer covered under my parents insurance because of my age and adviced me to apply for individual insurance. I had been diagnosed 2 years ago with hep B (while under that same insurance) and of course i disclosed this in my application because it is illegal not to. WeLL they declined me even though i was a previous customer. I still don't know why but I'm pretty sure it has to do with my preexisting medical condition. I wanted to know if it is legal for then to deny me even though i was a previous cuatomer of them, and i wanted to know what i can do when applying for other health insurance companies, and lastly what are my options if everyone denies me. I'm really desperate please help!!!!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

It is legal for the insurance company to deny you coverage. However, you should be eligible for COBRA from your parents' plan, i.e., eligible for COBRA as a result of loss of coverage due to the fact that you ceased to be an eligible dependent. COBRA would be your best option unless you were to become employed and offered coverage under a group plan offered by your employer.

New Job, Health Insurance
Can I apply??