Social Security

I am HIV+ since nov. 1999 I am healthy and never got sick I am indetectable and my CD4 are over 700. My question is when a HIV person may apply for social security benefits. I have been working full time and paying Social Security since August 1979.?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

In order to be eligible for Social Security benefits, you need to either be age 62 or totally disabled as defined under the SSA. If you are currently able to work, it is unlikely that you would qualify for Social Security unless you are age 62 or older.

occupational needle sticks
viread