|no insurance and HIV positive
Sep 12, 2006
I am 27years old recently tested positive for hiv. i had health insurance through my job and got terminated. been off hiv meds for 3 months were can i get hiv meds and treatment if i don't have any insurance.
Response from Ms. Franzoi
When you were terminated from your job, you should've applied for COBRA coverage so that you could continue to get your needed medical treatment. Since you did not, I am not sure what might be available to you. Check into any medical assistance programs in your state, possibly Medicaid, to see if you qualify. Also, check with local clinics to see if they can direct you to any resources.
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.