|HIV and wet environment
Sep 10, 2006
Hello I have a question regarding HIV. I received oral sex from a sex worker for about 10 minutes with a condom. But after finishing that, I didnt take out my condom for about 15 minutes so the condom touched my underwear in that period, and the inside of my underwear was wet as a result of saliva of a sex-worker on my condom or the blood that may come from the gum of the sex-worker. Since my penis touched my wet underwear after I took out the condom. Do you think if there is any chance that I was infected with hiv as a result of contacting with the wet underwear which may have some amount of blood from the gum of the sexworker?
Response from Dr. Henry
Risk of HIV from an exposure like you described is essentially zero.
Group Health Insurance
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.