COBRA premium rates?

I'm thinking of leaving my job, going back to school and/or working free lance (how's that for poz-optimism).

How can I find out exactly what my COBRA premiums would be? My employer of 5 yrs recently gave out info on employee and employer costs for the health plan. Is that total amount what I would pay to extend the coverage for 18 months via COBRA, or could it be more? Am I right that if these rates get negotiated up later between the insurer and employer, I'd pay the higher rate? thanks

Response from Ms. Franzoi

COBRA rates are 102% of the total premium. If the information your employer gave you shows the total premium for your coverage broken down by your cost and the employer's cost, your COBRA rate would be 102% of the total premium. As the overall cost increases (usually annually), your COBRA cost would increase.

COPRA INS
Life Insurance