The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

insurance for foreigners living outside the US
Sep 1, 2006

I am from Romania and recently diagnosed with HIV+. I work as an expatriate in Germany, have international insurance- which exclude HIV related diseases. My status does not exist in my medical records as I use a fake name for tests. My doctor says I would not need medication for many years as my C4 count is 647. I need an insurance which has HIV coverage, valid worldwide, any suggestions? HIV+, 32 years old

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I'm sorry but I do not have information on foreign coverages. You might check out a BUPA policy. I don't know what the requirements are or whether or not it covers HIV-related illnesses but it might be worth checking in to.

New job , New insurance.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint