Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

medicare part d
Sep 1, 2006

Medicare Part D will pay up to a certain point and then the retiree must pay 100% of the cost up to a certain out-of-pocket limit and then Part D would kick back in.>>>>>

The above is from your answer in a July 26 question. You are incorrect. I have a part D plan that has NO coverage gap - granted it has a somewhat higher monthly premium but is well worth it. Why do you state so emphatically that a person will be stuck with 100% of the medication costs for a period of time when this does NOT have to be the case? Research and careful selection of plans available can maximize the part D coverage.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I was answering based on the Standard Medicare Part D which has a doughnut hole, i.e., a point at which a Medicare recipient must pick up 100% of the cost for a period of time. In some zip codes areas, there are one, maybe two insurance companies, that offer plans which cover the "gap." However, in many zip code areas, there are not. Everyone has to do the research based on his zip code, his medications, etc. to determine what is best for him. The type of plan you refer to is not as common as you appear to think it is.

Previous
A Cut, A Hospital, Insurance, and my Job
Next
New job , New insurance.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.