medicare part d

Medicare Part D will pay up to a certain point and then the retiree must pay 100% of the cost up to a certain out-of-pocket limit and then Part D would kick back in.>>>>>

The above is from your answer in a July 26 question. You are incorrect. I have a part D plan that has NO coverage gap - granted it has a somewhat higher monthly premium but is well worth it. Why do you state so emphatically that a person will be stuck with 100% of the medication costs for a period of time when this does NOT have to be the case? Research and careful selection of plans available can maximize the part D coverage.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I was answering based on the Standard Medicare Part D which has a doughnut hole, i.e., a point at which a Medicare recipient must pick up 100% of the cost for a period of time. In some zip codes areas, there are one, maybe two insurance companies, that offer plans which cover the "gap." However, in many zip code areas, there are not. Everyone has to do the research based on his zip code, his medications, etc. to determine what is best for him. The type of plan you refer to is not as common as you appear to think it is.

A Cut, A Hospital, Insurance, and my Job
New job , New insurance.