Partner Positive Diagnosis Insurance Effects

My partner tested HIV+ a few days ago. Begin together sever years it is very likely then that I could be HIV+ as well particularly since we do not use protection. I know I should go get tested right away and seek the care of a physician and I plan to. While there is a chance I could be negative, I am trying to get things in place right at this moment before seeking a test that may then come out positive. Other than this potential concern I am otherwise healthy and have health and life insurance through my job. My question is, should I try to put other insurance coverage in place that is not offered by my firm in the coming days before being tested (long-term care, long term disability, prescription medication coverage)? If so, if I get tested just a few days later and the results are positive, would that impact the coverage? I'm conflicted. I feel reluctant to even seek additional insurance as like I'm hiding something, but at the same time, I have not been tested or diagnosed so what am I hiding. I appreciate your advice.

Response from Ms. Breuer

If you apply for any insurance coverage outside your employer's usual enrollment period that is above and beyond the usual package of employee benefits, you will have an HIV test as part of the application process. There's no getting around that one. The only way to sign up for more insurance without the test is to take advantage of everything your employer offers and to do it during open enrollment, which typically occurs once a year.

disclosure for non-invasive healthcare worker
A Cut, A Hospital, Insurance, and my Job