Aug 28, 2006
My 23 year old son has been admitted on to the hospital with pneumonia in both lungs, the doctors said that it was unusual and I was wondering if my son could have HIV/AIDS?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Your son is an adult who has a right to privacy about his medical information. Whatever has caused his pneumonia, you'll need to ask him directly if he knows or if his physician has told him. Then he has the right to tell you or not. Diagnosing HIV infection backwards--by symptoms--is risky business.
Can I be tested for viral load instead of HIV to see if I'm infected?
disclosure for non-invasive healthcare worker
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Receiving Oral Sex
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.