about pneumonia

My 23 year old son has been admitted on to the hospital with pneumonia in both lungs, the doctors said that it was unusual and I was wondering if my son could have HIV/AIDS?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your son is an adult who has a right to privacy about his medical information. Whatever has caused his pneumonia, you'll need to ask him directly if he knows or if his physician has told him. Then he has the right to tell you or not. Diagnosing HIV infection backwards--by symptoms--is risky business.

Can I be tested for viral load instead of HIV to see if I'm infected?
disclosure for non-invasive healthcare worker