|Can I be tested for viral load instead of HIV to see if I'm infected?
Aug 28, 2006
Just one more question. If am feeling really anxious about knowing if I'm HIV possitive and can't waid 3 months for the test can I be tested for a viral load to see if it is hight to indicate that I might be infected?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
Viral load testing is more costly than an HIV test and not a good way to manage anxiety. If the anxiety is eating you up--as I assume it is--then please do two things: get tested now, and get another test at 3 months. And see a counselor about the anxiety, please. Okay?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis B From Saliva?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.