medicare and drugs

I'm 56, hope to retire by mid sixties. Medicare would then kick in but what about coverage for HIV meds? I don't understand the whole "part D" thing. I know I have to have supplemental insurance for the what Medicare doesn't pay but what about the drugs?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Currently, Medicare Part D would provide coverage for HIV medications. However, one would have to reveiw the plans in his zip code to determine which plan would offer the best coverage. With someone who has high cost medications, Medicare Part D will pay up to a certain point and then the retiree must pay 100% of the cost up to a certain out-of-pocket limit and then Part D would kick back in. Since you are only 56, you need to receognize that what Medicare covers today and how the program works could change by the time you are eligible.

insurance for a 20 yr hiv +
Life Insurance question