Jul 28, 2006
My wife worked for IBM from 1967 until 1972. At yhat time I thought you were vested after 5years. If this is true is she eligible for any benefits?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Vesting schedules were very different in 1972. Many plans had the Rule of 45 vesting rule or ten year cliff vesting. Few plans, if any, had a 5 year vesting schedule. She should contact IBM to find out what the vesting schedule was at that time and inquire about the possibility of having a vested benefit. However, it is more likely that if she left after only 5 years, she would not have a vested benefit.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Does Herpes Cause Harm To The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.