Jul 28, 2006
My wife worked for IBM from 1967 until 1972. At yhat time I thought you were vested after 5years. If this is true is she eligible for any benefits?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Vesting schedules were very different in 1972. Many plans had the Rule of 45 vesting rule or ten year cliff vesting. Few plans, if any, had a 5 year vesting schedule. She should contact IBM to find out what the vesting schedule was at that time and inquire about the possibility of having a vested benefit. However, it is more likely that if she left after only 5 years, she would not have a vested benefit.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Sign Of Ars
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.