Must I disclose my status to my employer?

I work for an organisation that provides services to persons with developmental disabilities in Indiana. Am I legally bound to disclose my status because I provide direct care for my clients: including assisting with bathing, toileting and administering medications?

Response from Ms. Breuer

No, no, no. If you were a healthcare worker performing invasive procedures, you would need to follow the disclosure policy of the hospital that employed you, but in your position, you are not putting clients at risk. I urge you to keep your diagnosis confidential. If you read other letters in this forum for a while, you'll see why.

I'm so glad you asked first.

tranfer
aids in the workplace