|Long term care insurance
May 17, 2006
Since it's still a rarity to obtain life insurance if you're HIV pos I assume the same is true of long term care insurance? or if offered it will be extremely expensive? Any experience with this?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Unless you apply for coverage under a group long term care ("LTC") policy offered through your employer during an open enrollment or intial enrollment period, my experience has been that it would be very difficult to get LTC coverage. You might want to check with GE Capital to see if they would extend coverage. Depending on your age and what your viral load, etc. are, they might offer coverage. The worst that could happen if you applied would be that they could deny you coverage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.