seeking condo insurance

I am HIV positive just over two years and doing great health wise. I just recently bought a condo with my partner (not positive) in KY and we want to obtain mortgage insurance. It seems like we will need to pay for two premiums b/c the partnership is not recognized as a "family/marriage." I am getting tons of inquiries by insurance agents and I am very concerned about the proess. I thought you might have some good advice or a lead on a reputable insurance company for such cases. Thanks in advance for your help!

Response from Ms. Breuer

You're so smart to be asking before you jump. The quality of insurance services varies so much among states that Lynn Franzoi and I would advise you to contact your local AIDS service organization or support group and ask if anyone has experience of condo insurance providers. I don't know the market in KY. Another option would be to call your state department of insurance (government/state/insurance in your phone book) and ask without identifying yourself about providers of insurance and HIV-positive customers.

Handling Emergency Medical Information
HIV+ and looking for independent health insurance with prescription coverage: where to start?