Can my health Insurance be canceled while on disibility?

I was put out of work on January 24, 2006 due to my Rhematoid Arthritis. On May 8, 2006 i found out that my insurance was canceled on March 1, 2006. I found this out by going to the pharmacey to get medication for two of my kids. How can i find out if this was done illegally?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You need to contact the Human Resources Department at your former company to get specifics on your leave of absence, including the length of the leave, how long benefits were to be continued, when they ceased, why they were cancelled and ask for your COBRA continuation rights (right to continue medical benefits for up to 18 months at 102% of the cost - and possibly an additional 11 months at 150% of the cost under certain disability conditions).

Scared about insurance after taking a new job
URGENT!!! do i disclose my HIV status during my pre-eimployment physical????