Can i apply for SSI disability

Hi, and thanks for actively helping calm the mind. I am a us citizen living in Spain. I am HIV+ and would like to know what requirements does social security need in order for someone to apply for disability. Would they accept records from my spanish doctors? and what would these have to indicate. I am having difficulties just getting along day to day..my mind is starting to play tricks on me and i cant seem to keep a job..I just want what is mine so i can aleiveate some stress.. not all obviously.. thanks for your continued insight

Response from Ms. Franzoi

First, you must have 40 credits (40 quarters during which you paid into Social Security) which is 10 years of employment during which you paid into Social Security. Assuming you have this, you should contact the Social Security Administration in the U.S. to determine what you need to provide in order to apply for benefits. It might be helpful to have an attorney in the U.S. who assists people in applying for SSI disability to assist you.

Applying for LTD
Previous coverage outside the US