long term disability insurance

I receive a letter from my group medical underwriting company for long term disability stating it is necessary for me to take a physical exam with HIV testing if I test positive will they deny my coverage and report this information to other insurance companies and my employer and if so how will the refund monies that I've already paid for this year

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Are you currently covered under the group LTD plan or are you applying for the first time? If you are currently covered, I do not understand why they are asking you to complete a medical questionnaire unless you are applying for increased coverage. If you are just applying for the coverage, then they can ask for blood work that would include an HIV test. If you test positive, most likely they will not grant you coverage (or an increase if that is what you are applying for). However, they cannot share this with other insurance companies.

Does COBRA cover lab work?
Domestic Partner Cobra Coverage and HIV