New Massachusetts Law
May 9, 2006
How does the new Massachusetts law (just passed) affect people with HIV? For example, if I have my own business and want to buy health insurance, does this law help me in terms of a affordability?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
It requires plans to be available and individuals to obtain coverage. How that coverage will work, I do not know. I suggest that you contact the state insurance commissioner in Massachusetts to get more detailed information on what plans will be available, what the plan provisions will be, what limitations there will be on coverage and what the associated costs will be.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.