Apr 1, 2001
I WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR BENEFITS AT MY COMPANY IN ABOUT 1 MONTH. RIGHT NOW I HAVE ADAP. DO I NEED TO DISCLOSE TO THE HMO MY STATUS? IF SO, DOES IT GET BACK TO MY EMPLOYER? I KNOW THAT I CAN REMAIN ON ADAP IF THE INSURANCE DOESN'T ACCEPT, BUT I HAVE KIDS THAT NEED COVERAGE AS WELL.
Response from Mr. Berg
It's really not a matter of disclosing your status to your HMO. While they could determine your diagnosis through treatment records and prescriptions, they have no incentive to disclose this information to your employer and are prevented from doing so. Also, you cannot be dropped from your employers plan because you have a pre-exisiting condition.
Long-term disability nightmare
Benefits in the workplace
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.