Apr 5, 2006
My medical billing clerk of 10 years occassionally signs into our system and does billing from home, One of the doctors insist this is a HIPAA security breech, although she only has access of patient demographics,cpt and icd-9 codes for the patient. No information is on her hard drive because she logs into the server at the office. Is this a violation or not?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
Without knowing all of your system set-ups, firewalls, etc., I can't answer this. You should consult with legal counsel.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.