URGENT: PLEASE READ PLEASE

Hi Doc, Something weird happened yesterday. I don't have HIV. But before all this happened is that I was bleeding, So I used my right hand to wipe the blood of my knee and it was drying up. So I went to the washroom and just washed it with water. Then I wiped my hands with a towel. After 3-4 I washed my hands with SOAP, and I don't know if I washed the part where the blood was on my hand. So I proceeded down to the kitchen, and headed to the fridge to make myself a peanut butter sandwhich. I did, and the Peanut Butter Knife that I use to spread the peanut butter on touched where the blood was earlier. So then after that happened I went to get more peanut butter and continued doing so. The next morning, I opened the lid with the peanut butter, and scooped half of it out and threw it in the garbage (just to make sure). Then when I arrived back from my school. I made peanut butter sandwiches and my father took one. And now i'm freaked out.

Could you contract HIV this way?

Thanks Doc, I'd appreciate if you could answer this but if you don't want to you don't have to. . .

God bless you,

Worried Teen.

Hello Worried Teen,

Since you clearly state "I don't have HIV," your question boils down to whether you can transmit HIV via an "uninfected" peanut butter sandwich. The answer is no.

Do you also use marshmallow fluff in your P.B. sandwiches? You seem like a "fluffernutter" to me.

Spend some time on this site reading about HIV and pay particular attention to how it is and is not transmitted, OK? You wasted a perfectly fine half jar of Skippy. Don't you realize people are starving in the former Yugoslavia?

key man insurance
Tip of Penis Itch